Stranger Things is one of the best new TV series that I saw this year so when I saw that there was a book tag going around, I had to make it ASAP. This tag was made by Sarah over at Sarah Sunbeemz. The link to her video is here. Let’s get started!
1. EPIC INTRO. The opening sequence of Stranger Things is amazing and really grabs your attention. Name a book that grabbed your attention from the first page.
The Young Elites sucked me into its world within the first chapter but by the first page, I was hooked. The book kickstarts the beginning with Adelina imprisoned, waiting until her execution that takes place on the following day. I immediately wanted to know what she did to get herself into this situation and if she could get herself out of it as well.
2. DUNGEONS & DRAGONS. Name a fantasy world you would like to experience yourself.
I know that it is the obvious choice but to me, the one and only answer for this question is and always will be the wizarding world of Harry Potter. I don’t even care how common the answer will be, I just want to live in it for a little bit and see how the world works.
3. SQUAD GOALS. When Eleven met Mike, Dustin and Lucas it was a *mostly* perfect team. Name your favourite bookish group of friends.
There are so many friendships that I could’ve chosen for this topic but the group that stood out for me the most is Blue and the Raven Boys in The Raven Cycle Series. I love all of the characters separately and also when they are all together. The way that the lot of them interact with each other and support one another is my favourite thing ever. I love Blue and Ronan’s back and forth banter; it’s always something I look forward to whenever I read about them.
4. ABC’s & CHRISTMAS LIGHTS. Joyce Byers goes mad with grief after Will goes missing. Name your favourite mentally unhinged character.
Winter from The Lunar Chronicles. When we are first introduced to Winter, we are informed about her state of mind because of the Lunar gift that she has as well as her lack of usage for them. Winter is strong and kind; she sees the best in people even if their feelings for her aren’t reciprocated. Seeing her hallucinations influenced by the halting of her powers become deathly close to reality was incredibly scary each time it happened. I just worried for her well-being most of the time.
5. THE UPSIDE DOWN. Name a book that was the opposite of what you expected.
In the book Half Bad by Sally Green, I thought there was going to be a lot of magic involved. The story takes place in a world where there are White Witches and Black Witches and our protagonist happens to be a mix of both. I’m not sure how it is in the following novels for this series, but there was a minimum amount of magic in this first book. I don’t know, but with a book involving this many witches, I expected there to be more magic than this.
6. MAD SCIENTISTS. Dr. Brenner likes to get freaky with humanity. Name the freakiest dystopian government you can think of.
Hunger Games had a pretty insane government. I mean, they had a bunch of children fight each other to the death on national television for entertainment. How freaky could you get?
7. DEMOGORGON. Name a scary bookish creature that you would not want to come through your walls.
I think I can say that I’ve lived my entire life happily if I never have a Dementor come through my walls. They would suck the fun out of everything.
8. CLIFFHANGER ENDING. name a book that left you wanting more.
The last few sentences of The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan had me wanting to throw myself out of a window. I immediately needed to know about that person’s situation and where said person was located. Thank goodness I didn’t have to wait a year for the next book to come out and that I had it right on my bookshelf. I would’ve shriveled up into a raisin if I had to wait that long!
Anyone who wants to do this tag!
And with that, I’m pulling this tag into a close. As always, thank you for reading and I’ll see you in the next post.